F.E.A.S.T. stands for Food Education Advancing Sebastopol in Transition.
This group is open and meets irregularly to plan food related events and learn about preparations and other food related information.
To get involved, contact: Angel Rodriguez firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of FEAST is to create a guide to local food resources which helps promote community resilience by fostering strong connections from local farms to local tables. We increase awareness of the real costs and risks of the current global food system and encourage sustainable food production that is far less dependent on fossil fuels.
- Foster a resilient local food system based on deep ecological principals and a more connected populace.
- Educate the public about the health and sustainability benefits of transitioning to a local, organic, and meat reduced diet.
- Increase awareness of models of innovative bio-intensive agriculture that are far less dependent on fossil fuels, petroleum-based fertilizers, herbicides, and insecticides.
- Promote reduction of greenhouse gas emissions through curtailing long-distance shipping and processing costs.
- Increase support for CSAs and farmers’ markets.
- Strengthen connections among local farms, food producers, restaurants, caterers, institutions, and the public.
- Increase awareness among growers of essential foods currently under-produced in local area.
- Create an on-line tool to facilitate sharing excess produce within neighborhoods.